Here are a few questions for you:
- Can you remember the last time you actually took a long, relaxing bath?
- Do you prefer quick showers over time-consuming baths?
- Have an old bathtub which rarely (if ever) gets used?
Besides convenience, there are some other great reasons you should ditch the bathtub (which you don’t use anyway) for a brand new shower.
Reason 1: Improved accessibility
Maybe part of the reason you aren’t keen on baths is because you don’t like stepping over – and into – a high-walled bathtub.
Instead, you want something you can walk into and out of with relative ease.
By converting your sit down bathtub into a walk-in shower, you’ll enjoy simple and safe access each and every time.
Additionally, you won’t have to worry about falling inside a slippery bathtub, which makes it the ideal choice for:
- Elderly or aging individuals
- Pregnant women
- Anyone with mobility or stability issues
Reason 2: Make your bathroom look bigger than it actually is
No matter how big your bathroom is – or how it’s laid out – shower remodeling will always make it look bigger than a big, bulky bathtub.
In terms of actually navigating your bathroom, it’s much easier to move around in a walk-in shower than it is a thick bath wall surround with a narrow basin.
(Something to keep in mind if you love taking long, comfortable, and soothing showers).
Reason 3: Durable and long-lasting
Your bath-to-shower conversion uses acrylic, which is:
- Resistant to UV rays and won’t lose colour or fade over time
- Chip, stain, and crack resistant
As mentioned earlier in this blog, you may prefer showers to baths.
If so, you’re not alone.
According to a study conducted by Angie’s List:
- 90% of people prefer showers to baths
- 66% of people take a shower every day
- The average shower length is approximately 7 minutes
Needless to say, your shower gets used. A lot.
With a tub-to-shower conversion, you’ll enjoy a brand new, modern looking bathtub that’s built to last (making it a smart investment for your home).
Reason 4: Easy to maintain. Easy to clean
- Resistant to mold and mildew
- Able to be cleaned using natural, earth-friendly products (not harsh chemicals)
- Properly sealed, which prevents water, dirt, and other debris from getting trapped
Reason 5: Choose your style
Chances are your bathtub is white.
And if you like white, you certainly can get a white tub-to-shower conversion.
However, if you want something different, you have plenty of colour choices to choose from, such as:
- Carrara Marble
- River Rock
- …And many more…
Reason 6: It’s easier than you think
At first glance, the idea of transforming your bathtub into a shower sounds messy and complicated.
In reality, it isn’t.
In short, here’s what happens once you’ve scheduled your project with Bath Planet Toronto:
- Your old tub and associated hardware is removed
- The shower base is installed to use the same drainage system as your old tub
- Any new shower wall repairs are made
- The shower is installed
- Custom doors and rods are installed
Just like that, you’re old, unwanted, and unused bathtub is now a comfortable, inviting shower you simply can’t wait to use.
Now that you know why you should convert your bathtub into a shower…
…Your next step is to book a FREE in-home consultation with our design expert.