This Sunday, September 13 is Grandparents’ Day.
To all the grandparents out there, we want to wish you a happy Grandparents’ Day. And we also want to say thank you.
Thank you for teaching and nurturing your grandchildren.
Thank you for being a source of wisdom and guidance when they – and we (as parents) need it.
Thank you for giving your grandchildren too many fun days and wonderful memories to count.
Thank you for being their grandparents.
Are you thinking it’s time to adapt your home?
You’re a grandparent.
You’re also independent. And as you get older and as your lifestyle changes, you want to maintain that independence.
This is particularly true of the bathroom, where approximately 33% of people over 65 years of age may experience a fall of some sort.
Adapting your bathroom with accessibility products makes it safer and easier to navigate.
It also provides a boost of confidence, knowing that you’ll be able fully enjoy your bathroom; even if you have limited mobility.
By taking an old or unused bathtub and transforming it into a shower, you’ll:
- Convert it into a large, easy-access shower
- Enjoy a spa-like steam shower
- Have the option of sitting down and avoid slips with an anchored shower rod
- Let soothing steam relax and comfort tired muscles and joints
Installing a walk-in bathtub
A walk-in tub allows you to keep enjoying luxurious baths with an improved sense of safety:
- Extra large door opening for easy entering and exiting
- Comfortable upright seats makes getting up and sitting down a breeze
- Optional hydrotherapy jets create an invigorating water-massage experience
- Safety grab bar helps maintain stability
Step-through inserts are another option that converts your tub into a shower:
- Lowering your existing bathtub so that it’s closer to the floor
- Creating a large opening for easy access to-and-from your tub
- Greatly reduces the chances of slips, trips or falls
- Smoothed corners makes it safe to the touch
You’re the best, so you deserve the best
We sincerely hope you get to enjoy time with all your grandchildren this Grandparents’ Day.
(By the way, the world record for most grandchildren is 140!)
And, if you’re considering about updating your bathroom to make it more accessible for you, may we offer two suggestions?
First is to talk to your family about your concerns and what you have in mind.
Second is to request a FREE in-home consultation from Bath Planet.
One of our design experts will visit you at home, respectfully listen to your ideas and gladly answer any questions you may have.
And once again, have a wonderful Grandparents Day.