And there are other questions we want you to ask us here at Bath Planet of Toronto.
What you should ask yourself
1. What’s my budget?
Determining why you want to remodel your bathroom will go a long way to determining how much you’ll spend on it.
- Do you want to freshen it up for resale purposes? If so, then you may be able to do some minor changes in order to quickly update its look.
- Do you want the bathroom of your dreams? In that case, a complete gut-job may be required to give you everything you want.
There’s no set cost for a bathroom remodel. However an important part of the process is to set a budget and then stick to it.
Need inspiration for your bathroom remodel? Download our FREE ebook full of inspiring and innovative design ideas.
2. Needs vs. wants
Just imagine how nice it would be to have an unlimited budget for your bathroom remodel.
Yeah, that’s pretty sweet, isn’t it?
Okay. Back to reality, now.
For most of us it’s all about the necessities. Which, for the bathroom are:
- Bathtub (and by extension, the shower)
- Proper lighting
When planning your project, make certain you put getting a replacement bath tub ahead of the heated floors.
Or installing a new shower wall surround ahead of the whirlpool jet tub.
3. Who will be using the bathroom?
This question goes beyond you (and perhaps, your spouse).
Will grandparents or people with mobility issues be using it? You may need to invest in some accessibility products then.
Will small children be using it? Make your bathroom child-safe and make it easy for them to reach the things they need (like soap and towels).
Will curious pets try to get in? Take some time and make certain your bathroom is pet-friendly (just in case they do nose their way inside).
Even though you’ll be the primary user, it’s important to consider if guests, visitors and other people will be able to use it.
What you should ask us
1. How will we communicate during this project?
A big part of the Bath Planet experience is constant communication between both parties.
We’ll make sure we’re available to answer any questions you have and address any concerns too.
In short, here’s what you should expect from us:
- Phone calls and emails will be returned quickly
- A thorough walk-through of the project before we start
- Regular check-ins during your bath remodeling
And when the project is done, we’ll take you through the renovation to make sure every last detail is perfect.
2. What about remodel extras and/or change orders?
Nobody likes surprises. Especially when those surprises cost money.
If something does arise or pop-up, we won’t do anything until:
- First, discussing it with you in person
- Second, providing a written cost
- Third, getting your approval to do so
In bathroom remodeling, sometimes things pop-up or arise.
Should that happen, we’ll stop work and bring it to your attention.
3. Is there any warranty protection?
If any contractor refuses to answer this question, that should be a giant red flag.
At Bath Planet, we’re happy to tell you what we offer a lifetime warranty on our products and services.
A lifetime warranty on your Bath Planet project with no conditions, restrictions or fine print.
Schedule a FREE in-home consultation
The first part of transforming your bathroom is FREE and happens in the comfort and convenience of your own home.
We’ll come to you, show you product samples and colour swatches and discuss your bathroom remodeling needs.
There’s no pressure and no commitment. You’re in complete control as you have our undivided attention.
And did we mention it’s FREE?