Let’s take a look at bathroom design trends for 2017
Firstly, everybody here at Bath Planet of Toronto would like to welcome you to 2017.
We’d also like to wish you nothing but the best for the upcoming year.
Speaking of which, if you want to undertake a bath remodeling project in the next 12 months, why bring this year’s hottest design trends to your bathroom?
Read on to find out. And you can also click each image to view a larger version.
Old-world Mediterranean design
Sleek, modern bathrooms which put function first are making way something with a little more charm and personality.
And this year’s international design inspiration comes from the Mediterranean; particularly Spain, Morocco and Portugal with elements like:
- Mosaic tiles: Instead of square, ceramic tiles, 2017 is all about hand-painted and hand-crafted. Unique shapes such as Arabesque patterns, amphoras, and quatrefoils are finding their way into Canadian homes.
- Wood and white: Mediterranean hotspots like the Island of Santorini are famed for bright white architecture mixed with wooden accents. These outdoor designs are brought into bathrooms with classic white pieces (bathtubs, toilets, etc.) lined with wooden trim.
- Plants: Small leafy plants or vines are found in many Mediterranean rooms, including the bathroom. Natural foliage which is easy to manage brings an calm, relaxed atmosphere into any bath or shower remodeling.
Want some more bathroom design ideas?
Thinking about storage
Even though there isn’t a room in the house that can use smart storage, the bathroom is usually an afterthought.
But think about everything that you store in your bathroom:
- Cleaning products
- Baby items
- Towels & robes
- Small appliances (such as a curling iron or hair straightener)
In 2017, the bathroom gets its due with things like floor-to-ceiling cabinetry, open shelving, antique dressing tables and accessibility products to make items easily reachable for those with mobility issues.
The multimedia bathroom
Why can’t you listen to your favourite tunes or catch up on Netflix while soaking in the tub?
In 2017, you can.
Bringing electronics (speakers, radios, TVs, etc.) into the bathroom isn’t the cumbersome chore it was, say, 15 years ago.
Wireless speakers are made to go anywhere.
Bathroom mirrors are being built with Bluetooth functionality and docking stations.
Even tub-to-shower conversions are getting in the act with showerheads that have speakers built into them (or is that the other way around?).
In any event, the bathroom is becoming the place to catch up on news, weather, sports and entertainment.
It’s January. It’s cold.
And stepping out of a replacement bathtub (once it’s installed) is a chilly proposition.
Many homeowners are choosing to add a warm hug to their bathroom routines with:
- Built-in floor heat: If you’re completely renovating your bathroom, make each step warm and comfortable. Radiant floor heat is all the rage in 2017 because the heat touches your feet and warms you from the ground up.
- Towel warmers: Affordable and easy to install, towel warmers are perfect for warming you back up the moment you step outside your shower doors.
Bright, blinding lights are making way for more moody, atmospheric illumination.
Dimmer switches, dim lamps and up-lighting (lights installed in the ground or on the floor) make bathrooms in 2017 more tranquil and peaceful than ever before.
Let’s get started
Ready to bring your new bathroom to life?
We want to help. The Bath Planet process makes transforming your bathroom quick, convenient and budget-friendly too.
There are three ways for you to start with us:
- Book a FREE in-home consultation and we’ll come to you to discuss your bathroom project
- Download a $500 voucher you can use towards your next renovation with us
- Get more bathroom design inspiration with our FREE bathroom idea guide